These colourful gloves feature a network of stitches around the knuckles while the wide side gusset offers a roomier fit and lots of mobility. The colour flows unbroken from the gusset to the tip of the thumb, which you complete before the entrelac panel starts. For an even sharper contrast, work the entrelac panel from the other end of the ball.
Skills required: knitting in the round, knitting with double-pointed needles, picking up stitches, increases / decreases, entrelac
Gauge: 28 sts and 42 rows = 4" / 10 cm in stockinette stitch with larger needles
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- 4 sizes Adult S, M, L, XL
- Intermediate skill level
Materials you need at home:
- 1 hank Noro Silk Garden Sock; 300 m per 100 g; 40% lamb’s wool, 25% silk, 25% nylon, 10% kid mohair
- 2.75 mm (US 2) set of five double-pointed needles * 2.5 mm (US 1 1⁄2) set of five double-pointed needles
- 2 stitch holders or waste yarn
- 3 stitch markers
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.