Wyss Tunisian Shawl Crochet Pattern
Construction Shawl is worked seamlessly from tip to tip; increasing to center point then decreasing.
Project Level Easy+; basic Tunisian stitches with increases & decreases and color changes
Techniques Used chain - simple stitch - full stitch - Tunisian double crochet - daisy stitch - color change
Video tutorials and│or written instructions and│or illustrations for all special stitches.
Sizes One Size; to fit avg teen│adult
Finished Measurements WINGSPAN: 80” [203 cm] after blocking DEPTH AT CENTER: 15½” [39.5 cm] after blocking
Materials * amount total 430 yd [394 m], DK weight yarn; shown- Berroco Cambria (60% Alpaca (Baby), 20% Linen, 20% Lyocell; 137 yd [125 m]/1.75 oz [50 g]), in #7942 Oak; 2 hanks and #7935 Juniper; 2 hanks * Tunisian K- [6.50 mm]; or size needed to obtain gauge * Tapestry needle
Gauge 15 sts and 12 rows = 4” [10 cm] in Tunisian simple stitch pattern after light blocking.
- WRITTEN INSTRUCTION - Fully written, line by line instruction (English, US terminology with imperial and metric measurements)
- STITCH DIAGRAMS - Complete illustration(s) of stitches │ placement
- SCHEMATIC - illustration(s) of shape │ measurements & construction graphics
- ILLUSTRATIONS - drawn graphics of special stitches
- INTERACTIVE - Linked resource information
Materials you need at home:
- #3 Light, DK weight yarn
- K- 6.5mm cabled Tunisian crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
Hey, ya'll. Welcome to my pattern space. I design in both knit and crochet from my home in Houston, Texas. Follow my instagram for sneak peeks of upcoming projects: @revelcrochet Have a look around and happy yarning!