Makerist's digital solutions bring more joy to crafting by making traditional crafts more modern, accessible, simple and fun. Our goal is to motivate more people to become makers and artists by offering inspiration from the creative community as well as concrete skills and tools to just start making.
Makerist was founded in 2013 in Berlin, Germany by Axel Heinz and Amber Riedl and is the market leader in Europe for digital patterns and e-learning classes. Axel has a background in digital marketplaces and internationalisation of digital companies, and has worked at Dawanda, 9flats and eBay. Amber came from founding a previous startup for online wedding planning and has a background in PR, Communication and Brand Marketing. Amber grew up in Canada which is one reason she has a particular interest in bringing Makerist to the North American market.
WHAT WE DO
At Makerist we've brought together the largest selection of PDF patterns from our network of independent pattern designers for instant download. To support makers in learning new skills or improving existing skills, we've produced video classes with expert trainers to show how to achieve the best results in crafting and textile hobbies - sewing, knitting, crochet, quilting and more. You can access these videos from anywhere and as many times as you like.
OUR SEWING PATTERNS
OUR VALUES AND BELIEFS
- We believe there is enormous power, relaxation and reward in creating something with your own two hands
- We believe in the creativity and individuality that lies within everyone and we want to showcase this to the world
- We believe everyone can be an entrepreneur and we want to use our network to help self-employed creatives reach more customers
- We believe in the health and wellness benefits that crafting brings
- We believe there is more value in something handmade than something store bought
- We believe in supporting and encouraging others
- We believe together we are better
Our team thrives on transparency, communication and feedback and has created an exceptional company culture, defining common values and beliefs that support our work together. This is underscored in our code of conduct which we are proud to support, improve and share.
OUR CODE OF CONDUCT