Getting Started with Makerist AR
HOW TO USE MAKERIST AR
First things first - MakeristAR app is the tool, and Augmented Reality Sewing Patterns are the product - you can't buy any patterns via our app, it's just to allow you to interact with AR-capable patterns in an Augmented Reality environment. That means:
THE MAKERIST AR APP IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD
Plus we've made a few of our Makerist Blog DIY's available for free use on the app so you can check out how a pattern looks in AR before you buy.DOWNLOAD THE APP
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR iOS. ANDROID COMING VERY SOON!
MakeristAR is currently available for free download in the iOS app store, and we're expecting to release the android version in just a few weeks, so stay tuned if you're an Android user!
A free pattern to get you started!
Our amazing designer OUI Sewing Patterns has transformed a number of her incredible patterns into Augmented Reality, and we're thrilled to offer you a cheeky freebie to celebrate the launch of our app! Download the tutorial for free at this link and find the AR pattern directly in our iOS App only until Sunday, May 16th!DOWNLOAD THE APP
MAKERIST AR IS LINKED TO YOUR MAKERIST.COM ACCOUNT
That means that only sewing patterns which you have purchased on your Makerist.com account and bought the AR upgrade for will be available via the app. You will log in to the app using the same email as your Makerist.com account.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO USE AUGMENTED REALITY SEWING PATTERNS?
- An AR capable phone (either iOS 13+ or Android 10+)
- One-time printer access (to print out the AR anchor which the patterns use to generate in the correct size)
- A fabric marker
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Purchase your pattern & AR add-on
- Log in to the MakeristAR app
- Navigate to the pattern you want to work with
- Select your size
- Select the pattern piece you want to trace off
- Hold your phone over the anchor until the pattern piece is generated in AR
- Move the anchor to orientate the pattern piece how you want on your fabric
- Trace off the pattern piece using a fabric market
- That's it! You're all set to start sewing :)