The shawl has an asymmetrical triangular shape construction. The body is shaped by increasing on each side as well as two increases at the center (on each side of markers in each RS. It is done in the garter and lace sections). Each of them contains short rows to give it its asymmetrical shape.
Size Approximately 71 inches; 180 cm in wingspan and 29½ inches; 75 cm in depth, after block.
- written instruction
- chart and written ewplanation for lace
Materials you need at home:
● Wool Approximately 1200 yards; 1100 meters of fingering wool. The sample was knitted with Eco-Llama by Illmani Yarn – 100% lama – 402 yards; 368 meters. Colorway 1 (CC1): LE 123 caramel/blanc, one skein Colorway 2 (CC2): BM ivoire, one skein Colorway 3 (CC3): BC beige, one skein
● Needles US 2½; 3.00 mm circular needle (47 inches; 120 long) or other size for obtain gauge
● Other 2 stitch markers, tapestry needle for weaving end.
● Gauge 26 sts and 30 Rows for 4 inches; 10 cm in garter st after a light block. The gauge isn’t crucial to this project, but differences will affect the finished size as well as the required yardage.