Complete your Easter home decorations with a cheery and colorful Polka Dots Chicken like this, handmade by you !
This pattern describes in US terms how to crochet a sweet amigurumi chicken with colorful Polka Dots as shown in pictures. The pattern is worked in continuous rounds. Finished size will be approx. 7.5” (19 cm) tall, crocheted using acrylic yarn (8 ply / DK), and hook size E (3.5 mm). If you wish to make a larger or smaller version of this chicken, you can just use thicker or thinner yarn and a matching size crochet hook.
This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn and it’s great to use some of your yarn scraps for the Polka Dots. Make sure though to use the same weight of yarn for the entire project. The chicken in pictures was made using Stylecraft Special DK.
Gauge: is not important for this pattern, just crochet tight enough so the stuffing will not show through the stitches.
Skill level: advanced beginner / intermediate
Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
Yarn for the chicken: white (approx. 50 gr, 160 yds, 148 m), small amounts of red, yellow and soft pink Yarn for the Polka Dots: small amounts in orange, soft pink, green, purple, red, yellow, blue
Fiberfill stuffing, safety eyes 8 mm, black embroidery floss
Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins
Optional: white sewing thread, plastic canvas, pvc pellets, crafting glue (that dries quickly)
Stitches used: slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, bobble stitch, increasing, decreasing
Pattern is an original ©Millionbells design, described in English, using US terminology.
• English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as instant download after received payment.
- PDF Crochet Pattern
- English (US terms), Inches
- Written Instructions, Clear Pictures
Materials you need at home:
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- Yarn for the chicken: white (approx. 50 gr, 160 yds, 148 m), small amounts of red, yellow and soft pink Yarn for the Polka Dots: small amounts in orange, soft pink, green, purple, red, yellow, blue
- Fiberfill stuffing, safety eyes 8 mm, black embroidery floss
- Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins
- Optional: white sewing thread, plastic canvas, pvc pellets, crafting glue (that dries quickly)
Hello dear fellow crocheters. Thank you for visiting my pattern shop. My name is Marjan, I come from a family with creative genes, which I fortunately inherited. Besides designing new and contemporary crochet patterns, I have a creative side job as a florist, close to my hometown here in the Netherlands. I hope, that you like my designs and have as much fun crocheting as I do!