The Brides Wedding Day tea cosy is a beautiful tea cosy that looks like a bride. Her dress has a frilled train which is embellished with clusters of pearls. Her hair is put up into a beautiful curly bun and she has a silver tiara on her head. The individually knitted flowers in her bouquet and in her hair are also embellished with pearls which match her pearl necklace. She poised ready, waiting for the moment when she has to say "I do", not to the groom, to the offer of another cup of tea.
A bride tea cosy is the perfect way to remember your wedding day, everyday.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 knitting needles,
- 3.00mm, UK size 11 knitting needles,
- 20g White Double knitting wool,
- 20g Peach Double knitting wool,
- Small amounts of Double knitting wool for the bouquet.
- Small amount of Schoeller + Stahl Silver yarn for Tiara.
- 4mm pearl beads.
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.