The challenge of designing the bulldog was his wrinkles, he has a few on the back of his neck and some more on his face.
The face has a nice expression with a snaggletooth showing, more wrinkles on his eyelids, and his floppy ears are very endearing. He also have cute paws with claws and round the back a tail.
A sitting bulldog is the perfect shape for a tea cosy because they are round and stocky, like a teapot.
The tea cosy can be knitted to any colour to look like your pet.
The British bulldog tea cosy is the cutest way to keep your teapot hot bulldog style.
- This Tea Cosy fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- What you will need to make the pattern
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 knitting needles,
- 3.75 mm, UK size 9 or US size 5 knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 knitting needles,
- 72g camel double knitting wool,
- 17g cream double knitting wool,
- 10g walnut double knitting wool,
- 7g black double knitting wool,
- 1g candyfloss double knitting wool,
- 1g white double knitting wool,
- 1 Pair of 18mm Brown Safety eyes,
- 1 30mm safety nose,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.