A fun, unisex Hat featuring a large cable motif on a reverse stocking stitch background. 2 different pattern options are included - classic beanie shape or flat/square top. Pattern is sized from 3 months through to large adult and is great for all ages.
Pattern is provided in both written and charted format. Worked in the round, bottom-up.
Skills required: Knit and purl stitches, Knitting in the round, Basic cables, 3-needle bind-off, Kitchener or crochet bind-off
Gauge: 20 sts x 32 rows to 10cm/4” on 4mm needles over St.St
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 15 (17, 19, 21, 23) inches, 38 (43.25, 48.25, 53.5, 58.5) cm (Finished size 12.75 (14.5, 16, 17.5, 19.25) inches, 32.5 (37, 40.5, 44.5, 49) cm)
- Illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable, Cable cast-ons and crochet bind-off
Materials you need at home:
- Beanie 59 (74, 89, 107, 126) yd / 54 (67, 82, 98, 115) m worsted weight yarn
- Square Top 64 (81, 100, 121, 143) yd / 58 (74, 91, 110, 131) m worsted weight yarn
- Set 4mm DPN’s or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Cable needle
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.