Bumbag HipBag - sewing pattern and instructions
This detailed tutorial shows you step by step how to sew yourself a super useful new hip bag.
The tutorial contains the sewing pattern and detailed instructions with descriptions of all steps including photos.
This tutorial is suitable for seamstresses with advanced knowledge or for fearless beginners.
FYI: The HipBag is designed without an inner lining, but the seams can be edged with bias tape to make it look nice also from the inside.
- illustrated sewing pattern and instructions
- metric measurement
- one size fits all
- suitable for advanced seamstresses and fearless beginners
Materials you need at home:
- Basic fabric ca. 50 x 30 cm
- Decorative fabric ca. 40 x 30 cm
- Lining/Vlieseline ca. 50 x 20 cm
- Belt strap (ca. 120 cm, 25 mm wide)
- Clip-buckle (25 mm)
- Slider (25 mm)
- 2 Zippers (18 cm)
- Elastic band (ca. 12 cm, 6-8 mm wide)
- Bias binding (ca. 120cm)
- thread, sewing machine, scissors, iron, pins, tailor's chalk or pencil, pointed and blunt needles
Hi! I'm Kathrin, Designer from Hamburg in Germany. I like animals of all kinds, sewing and drawing. You can not only find my patterns here but also many other funny products with my animal illustrations on my website and my pattern designs on spoonflower.com.