This colourful baby cardigan is knit using self-patterning sock yarn for the front and a solid colour yarn for the back. Personalize your sweater by choosing the detailing on the back yourself – a vertical stripe or a rectangular patch will brighten it, or you can just leave it plain.
Skills required: working intarsia from written instructions, increases/decreases, knit-on edging, picking up stitches, buttonholes, three-needle bind-off, knowledge of sweater construction, seaming
Gauge: 30 sts and 42 rows = 4" / 10 cm in stockinette stitch using larger needles
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- 4 sizes 0-6 mo, 6-12 mo, 1-2 yrs, 2-3 yrs
- Advanced beginner skill level
Materials you need at home:
- Fingering or sock yarn; 229 yd (210 m) per 50 g ball 2 (2, 2, 3) balls self-patterning (MC); 1 (1, 2, 2) balls solid (CC)
- 5 (5, 6, 6) 3/8” (1 cm) buttons
- 2.5 mm (US 1 1⁄2) needles
- 3 mm (US 2 1⁄2) needles
- 4 stitch holders
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.