- Sewing pattern in A4 for printing and gluing together (in PDF format)
- Detailed step by step instructions (in PDF format)
- YouTube video tutorial on the pattern (https://youtu.be/ftUhcLUB7X0)
Materials you need at home:
- Suitable base materials for the outer pocket include synthetic leather, canvas, cork fabric or sturdy velor. The material should be stable and strong, but not too rigid.
- Cotton woven fabric that is not too strong is suitable for the inside pocket.
- Interlining and a light valance insert
- Magnetic button, plastic snap button and/or twist lock
- 2 zippers, 2-4 carabiners, webbing, 2-4 D-rings or square rings
- Double-sided tape, 2 carabiners, webbing, 2 D-rings or square rings
The cell phone bag "Money Cat" pattern is extremely flexible and can be sewn as a wallet with a zipper or as a shoulder bag with a cell phone compartment and integrated wallet in portrait or landscape format. Inside there is a zippered compartment for coins, a chip compartment for the shopping cart, 16 card slots, four other compartments and a pocket with closure. There is an additional pocket on the outside. This gives you enough space to store all important items such as your phone, keys, money and cards. The dimensions of the bag are 11.8 cm x 23.2 cm x 2.8 cm when closed and 23.6 cm x 23.2 cm x 2.8 cm when unfolded.
Sewing Difficulty: Medium - Requires Advanced Experience (3 out of 4)
My name is Jaqueline and I am a trained graphic designer. I grew up in beautiful Bavaria near Munich. My blog www.makermauz.de is all about sewing. From small self-sewn things for everyday life, tips and tricks, interesting facts about sewing and step-by-step tutorials, everything is on offer. My specially developed patterns can be found here. You can find detailed videos on my YouTube channel youtube.com/c/makermauzsewing