Perfectly geometric in shape and form, Corbelle offers new lines in Hat construction. Worked in hand painted sport weight yarn, this bucket style Hat is worked in one piece: the brim is worked first before proceeding to the main body of the Hat to ensure perfect unison in the lines and forms created by twisted stitches.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, provisional cast-on, joining live sts
Gauge: 26 sts x 39 rows to 4in/10cm on 3mm needles over St.St.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 16 (18, 20, 22) in/ 40.75 (45.75, 51, 56) cm (Finished size 14.75 (16.5, 18.5, 20.25) in/ 37.5 (42, 47, 51.5) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Provisional Cast-on & Joining Live sts
Materials you need at home:
- 115 (137, 192, 220) yd/105 (123, 175, 201) m sport weight, multi-plied yarn (Sample shown in Malabrigo Arroyo Sport (335yd/306m per 100g; 100% Merino))
- 35yd/32m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 3mm/UK11/US 2½ DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.