A knitting pattern for a Summer Daisy Dress, Cardigan and Sun Hat outfit for your baby or toddler. The pattern covers the ages newborn to 18 months. The dress has a lacy panel at the front and the yoke is knitted in garter stitch. The cardigan and sun hat have knitted little daisy decorations.
Knitted in double knitting yarn. There is an illustrated pattern to follow which is colour-coded for each size.
Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK 100% Cotton, 50g (1.8oz), DK, 125m (137yds) Buttercup Yellow (423) Paper White (401)
Rico Essentials Cotton DK 100% Cotton, 50g (1.8oz), DK, 130m (142yds) Banana (63) White (80)
Stylecraft Special DK 100% Acrylic, 100g (3.5oz), DK, 295m (323yds) Sunshine (1114) White (1001)
Tension - 22 stiches and 28 rows 10cm (4 inches) using 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) needles over stocking stitch.
- Age range included in the pattern Newborn to 18 months
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Large coloured chart for the Daisy
Materials you need at home:
- Cardigan and Sun Hat - 2 to 4 50 gram balls of double knitting yarn for main colour, 2 50 gram balls of DK yarn for contrast colour
- Dress - 2 to 4 50 gram balls of double knitting yarn.
- Knitting Needles - 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) and 1 pair of 3 ¼ mm (UK10 - USA3)
- 3 buttons
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.