Elourne is an elegant, sculptured beret featuring mirrored cables and lace, creating structure and warmth. The detailed patterning provides a pleasurable knit, which is worked bottom up and in the round. Provided in 3 sizes, the instructions are both charted and written out.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, cables, lace
Gauge: 18 sts x 24 rows to 4in/10cm on 4.5mm needles over St.St. 19 sts x 30 rows to 4in/10cm on 4.5mm needles over cable & lace pattern, blocked
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 19 (21, 23) in/ 48.25 (53.25, 58.5) cm (Finished size 16 (18.75, 21.25) in/ 40.5 (47.5, 54) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorial for Cabling Without a Needle
Materials you need at home:
- 113 (144, 179) yd/106 (134, 168) m Aran weight, woollen spun plied yarn (Sample shown in Jamieson & Smith Shetland Aran (96yd/90m per 50g; 100% Shetland Wool))
- 24yd/23m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 4.5mm/UK7/US7 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
- Cable needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.