- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Links to tutorials by the designer for techniques used
- Gauge: Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl: 11 sts / 24 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, knitted on smaller needles and measured after blocking.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
Green Madeira is a semi-circle Pi shawl, designed for the gorgeous gradient yarn used. While this version is made in a mohair type yarn, any worsted weight gradient yarn would make a lovely shawl with this design!
Green Madeira is worked from the top-down and is started with a garter stitch tab. The lace is patterned on both right and wrong side rows. The instructions for the lace are, of course, both charted and fully written out.
Size and finished measurements: Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: span width of 172 cm (67 ¾ inches) and a depth of 63 cm (24 ¾ inches), measured after blocking.
Difficulty level: Green Madeira is a half-circle shawl, knit from the top down and starting with a garter tab cast-on. Lace patterning is worked on both RS and WS rows. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, m1, skp, k2tog, and p2tog. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.