Ledger beanie - knitting pattern
Ledger is a stepped beanie, incorporating both 2x2 and 1x1 ribbing. Starting with a unique 2x2 ribbed cast on this beanie is not only fully reversible, but also covers a wide range of sizes from 6 months through to large adult.
Pattern is worked in the round, bottom up, and is provided in written format.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on
Gauge: 20 sts x 26 rows to 4in/10cm on 4mm needles over St.St 20 sts x 26 rows to 4in/10cm on 4mm needles over ribbing, relaxed
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 16 (18, 20, 22, 24) in/ 40.75 (45.75, 51, 56, 61) cm (Finished size 14.5 (16, 17.5, 19.25, 20.75) in/ 36.75 (40.75, 44.5, 49, 52.75) cm)
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable cast-on & 2x2 Alternate Cable cast-on
Materials you need at home:
- 61 (77, 94, 114, 135) yd/55 (70, 86, 104, 124) m heavy DK/Worsted weight, plied yarn (Samples shown in KnitPicks Gloss DK (main photo) (123yd/112m per 50g; 70% Merino, 30% Silk) and in Cascade 220 Venezia Worsted (218yd/199m per 100g; 70% Merino, 30% Silk))
- 32yd/29m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St
- Set 4mm/UK8/US6 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.