The perfect tea cosy for people who love meerkats and hot cups of tea; the meerkat tea cosy has it all.
The main part of the tea cosy is knitted to look like the meerkats burrow with a sandy, grassy terrain with rocky boulders. The ten meerkats are scattered about the cosy, all looking alert and going about their business.
The tea cosy is knitted with double thickness yarn to keep the teapot and the tea really hot.
The meerkat tea cosy fits a medium sized tea pot that covers a Teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints.
The pattern will be available for digital download as soon as you have completed purchase, so you could start knitting very soon!
This product is the knitting pattern only to make your own meerkat tea cosy.
- made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 double pointed needles (optional),
- 23g mustard double knitting wool,
- 44g camel double knitting wool,
- 15g grass green double knitting wool,
- 11g walnut double knitting wool,
- 6g grey double knitting wool,
- 20 - 6mm black beads,
- 3 cotton buds,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.