- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- One size – easily adjustable
- Written for a gauge of approx. 17 sts / 25 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
Inspired by the lovely texture and color of almost-ripe moerbei or mulberry fruit, this shawl is juicy and sweet and exactly what you need.
Knitted sideways from tip to tip with only 100 g or 420 m (460 yds) of fingering weight yarn, it’s the perfect project for that special skein of yarn. This shawl features both an appealing textured body achieved by working bobbles, as well as a delicate looking and easy to work border. Once the body of the shawl is complete, stitches are picked up for the border and dropped to create the ruffle effect.
Skills required This pattern features bobbles, a slipped stitch edge, as well as picking up and knitting stitches for the drop-stitch border. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, kfb, M1 and yo. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.