NB to 24 months Menta baby booties sewing pattern and tutorial
This listing is for a PDF file with instructions and pattern pieces to make your own booties. This is not an actual pair of booties.
Skill level : confident beginners
- 6 sizes available from NB to 24 months
- Step-by-step sewing tutorial with clear photo instructions, perfect for beginners
- Step-by-step quick instructions for experienced seamstresses.
- High and Low top options
- Toe reinforcement option with instructions
- Lace trim option with instructions
- Wide soles to allow room for toes to spread out
- Elastic attached to the inner ankle piece
- Snap closure
- Bonus appliqué page! (Stars, moon, hearts and lightning bolts, for all styles and all sizes!)
- Small business resources: printable hang tags, brand label ideas, pricing guidelines
Sizes (choose the size by sole length measurements):
- newborn size 3.5" finished sole
- 0-3 months 4” finished sole
- 3-6 months 4.5” finished sole
- 6-12 months 5” finished sole
- 12-18 months 5.5” finished sole
- 12-24 months 6” finished sole
Final sole length will vary with materials, pattern is made to be done with medium to heavy weight fabrics.
You will need:
- Main: knit or woven medium to heavy weight.
- Lining: flannel, fleece or microfleece, sherpa, minky etc.
- Soles: toughtek or non-slip soles fabric,or any material for the non walking babies.
- Appliqués and toe reinforcement: faux leather, vinyl.
- Embroidery floss for face details, a French Knot photo tutorial is included to help with this step!
- Lace if desired.
- Elastic, thread, 100/16 sewing machine needles for the sole construction, and all sort of sewing notions!
This pattern is the main pattern to make all other animal booties add-ons. In order to make the animal booties, this main pattern is required. Add-ons will not have the main pattern pieces included.
This pattern was designed by Menta. It may not be sold, redistributed, or shared, however, you may sell the booties made out of this in small handmade batches. I would love it if you mentioned Menta at some point in your product description! This encourages me to keep designing cute baby apparel!
Please e-mail me to email@example.com if you have any other questions, or join our sewing group:
Check out my business page where you will find all of the 5 star reviews my customers have left over the past 3 years.
Muchas gracias Mariela Paz
- Step-by-step photo tutorial and sewing pattern
- Metric and Imperial measurements included
- Sizes NB (3.5'' sole length) to 24 months (6" sole legth)
- Suitable for Confident Beginners.
Materials you need at home:
- Main fabrics (Medium and heavy weight knits or woven) 1/4 yard
- Inner fabric (Medium to heavy weight are recommended like fleece, microfleece, , fleeced french terry, terry cloth, minky, etc.) 1/4 yard
- Sole fabric (Non slip fabrics rubber dots, toughtek, faux leather, suede etc.)
- Inner sole fabric (faux Sherpa, thick sweat or thick fleece etc.) , *Medium or heavy weight fusible interfacing (and an iron for application only on thin soles) , *1 yard lace (optional)
- Faux leather or vinyl for toe reinforcements (optional).
- Plastic or metal snaps. Please, for safety AVOID buttons or straps.
- 6mm elastic (see page 8 for chart)
- A walking foot is recommended but not essential.
- Size 90/14 or 100/16 Universal or ball point needles depending your materials , (100/16 size is highly recommended to avoid skipped stitches or broken needles , when constructing the sole) , *Basic sewing tools and notions including scissors or rotary cutter, pins or clips, , marking tools, thread, tweezers, awl, snap pliers, ruler and measuring tape.
- Adhesive spray is not required, but it certainly comes in handy, especially for the , animal booties appliqués.
Hola! Welcome to my sewing pattern shop!