Newborn Hybrid Fitted Cloth Diaper PDF Sewing Pattern
These extra soft and extra thirsty hybrid newborn fitted diapers fit from birth to about 16 lbs (7.25 kg). Minky is the recommended inner fabric and that makes for the most luxurious diaper your baby will ever wear. Wear coverless during the day at home or with a cover at night or during naps. The snap down front lowers the rise to accommodate umbilical cords during those first few days.
Sew up a few of these easy and fast diapers and have a stash full of cute fitteds for your bouncing baby girl or boy!
Sewing Level: Advanced Beginner
All of The Eli Monster sewing patterns come with full-color photographs to compliment the step by step instructions. Never second guess where you are supposed to sew or place. All pattern pieces are computer drawn; to save paper, cutting dimensions for rectangular pieces is included in lieu of drawn out pieces.
Your pattern will be instantly downloadable upon checkout. You will need Adobe Reader to open and read this PDF file and 8.5×11 paper to print out the pattern. No paper copy will be mailed to you.
You may sell items made from this pattern in small batches. Please credit pattern to The Eli Monster. Pattern is copyrighted; do not sell or copy pattern.
- Step by Step Color Photo Instructions
- US Imperial Measurement
- Sized for Newborns
- Sewing Level Beginner
Materials you need at home:
- 1 fat quarter outer print (quilting cotton, cotton knit, minky)
- 1 fat quarter PUL (polyurethane laminate)
- 1 /2 yard 3 / 8” elastic (45cm of 10mm wide elastic)
- 11” of 1.5” wide hook and loop tape (you will need 11” of the loop part and only 3” of the hook part) (28cm, of 38mm wide loop and 7.6cm of 38mm wide hook) -OR- Poly Snaps with a snap press or snap pliers. Metal snaps are not recommended due to the amount of washing cloth diapers endure.
The Eli Monster
Steph began sewing as a small child. As an adult, she combined that knowledge of sewing with her enthusiasm for human factors and ergonomics to create sewing patterns that are both beautiful and well fitting. The Eli Monster’s patterns break down intimidating techniques into smaller steps to walk even absolute beginners through each pattern. The Eli Monster combines the look of vintage with modern, time saving techniques.