I was inspired by my love of animals to create the Orangutan Tea Cosy Knitting Pattern.
Orangutan's are so human like that I wanted to capture the character in the Orangutan tea cosy.
Her lovely fluffy coat is provided by King Cole Moments DK yarn, the ginger shade is perfect for an orangutan.
The orangutan hands and feet look really lifelike and really add to the character of this cosy.
The tea cosy can also be made into a soft toy and the pattern includes a knitted base to make the conversion from tea cosy to toy.
The Orangutan tea cosy is a tea cosy to go wild about!
The Orangutan tea cosy fits a medium sized tea pot that covers a Teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints.
The pattern will be available for digital download as soon as you have completed purchase, so you could start knitting her very soon!
This product is the knitting pattern only to make your own Orangutan tea cosy.
- made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
- Includes instructions to make an orangutan soft toy
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- (95g) 91g King Cole Moments DK ginger,
- (63g) 60g copper double knitting wool,
- (31g) 31g walnut double knitting wool,
- 1 pair of 18mm brown safety eyes,
- Stuffing. , (amounts in brackets are for the toy)
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.