The Patti Pocket skirt is a combination pleated + flared skirt with popped – out, deep front pockets, a high waist, hem facings, and a side seam zipper. This pattern offers 2 views. View A is a shorter, flirty above-the-knee length. While View B is a longer, on trend midi length. This pattern can be sewn in a wide range of fabrics, and could easily be dressed up or down. Amy Nicole Patterns are drafted for petites and include guidelines & instructions for taller ladies to easily make adjustments.
Each Amy Nicole pattern is named after a woman who has been an inspiration in my life. This pattern is named after the ultimate inspiration, my mom. She understood the importance both of a skirt you could twirl in and good pockets. Petite in stature but not in personality, she could always be found in the center of the dance floor (usually doing the robot). I miss her very much.
- Printable PDF Pattern in both Letter + A4 size
- Copy shop pattern in US + A0 sizes
- Detailed & illustrated instruction booklet with interactive links.
- Size 0-20
- US & Metric measurements included
- View A (short) & View B (Midi)
- Intermediate & Adventurous beginner friendly
Materials you need at home:
- 2-2.75 yards (1.88-2.5 meters) main fabric for View A
- 3-4 yards (2.75-3.75 meters) main fabric for View B
- 1 yard / Meter fusible interfacing
- 1 x 7-9 in. invisible zipper
- 1 x hook & bar
- Sewing Machine
- Fabric Scissors
- Zipper foot
- Matching thread
Amy Nicole is the sewing blogger behind Amy Nicole Studio and pattern designer at Amy Nicole Patterns. She got hooked on sewing when working in the costume shop while getting her bachelors degree in Theatre. So hooked in fact that she went back to get her Fashion Design degree at FIT and never looked back. Her wardrobe is almost completely comprised of handmade, vintage, and second hand clothing. A bit of a tree hugger, Amy strives to be eco friendly in her sewing practices, using second hand fabrics as much as possible. Her style is playful & comfortable. Her favorite color is prints.