A knitting pattern for an Aran/Worsted Sweater and Crown featuring Rapunzel
Perfect for little girls who love Princesses and dressing up. The sweater and crown are easy to knit in Aran/Worsted yarn and the result is a unique, warm and trendy outfit.
Tension – 18 sts and 24 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch
Pattern is for ages 2 to 10 years.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Ages 2-10 years
- There are large coloured charts to follow for knitting Rapunzel on the front and back of the sweater and instructions in 3 sizes for the Crown.
Materials you need at home:
- 300-500 grams Aran/Worsted yarn in main colour (depending on size knitted)
- Small amounts of Aran/Worsted yarn in the following colours Purple, Lilac, Yellow, Light Pink, Black and Red
- Knitting Needles – 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 – US6)
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.