Be No. 1 in the race with this Racing Car round-necked Sweater for Children aged 2 to 7 years.
A lovely and interesting knit in double knitting (8 ply) yarn. There are contrast ribs using the same colours as the racing car
Tension – 22 stitches and 28 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking (stockinette) stitch
Any double knitting (8 ply) yarn can be used so long as it matches the tension above.
YARN USED Willow and Lark Ramble Main Yarn - Country Blue (135) Horizon Orange (112) Snow Drop (101) Black (109)
STITCHES USED Garter Stitch – knit each row Stocking (Stockinette) Stitch – Knit 1 row, Purl 1 row 1 x 1 Rib – Knit 1 stitch, Purl 1 stitch to end of row
There is a large, coloured chart to follow to knit the racing car and the knitting pattern is colour coded for the different sizes.
Knitting Needles – 1 pair of 3¼ mm (UK10 – US3) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 – US6) Other items you will need - a darning needle, stitch holders, yarn bobbins
This pattern covers the following sizes:
2-3 years 3-4 years 4-5 years 5-7 years
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Ages 2- 7 years
- Colour coded for different sizes and large charts to follow
Materials you need at home:
- 4 to 6 – 50 gram ball Double Knitting yarn in Main Colour (depending on size)
- 1 - 50 gram ball of Double Knitting yarn in each of White, Black and Orange
- 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 – USA6) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 3 1/4 mm (UK10 – USA3) knitting needles
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.