- Written in English using standard American terms.
- Includes inches and centimetres.
- Step by step color coded instructions.
- Lots of photographs.
- Assistance always available.
- Sizes Baby 14 - 15 in / 35.5 - 38 cm , Toddler 15 - 16 in / 38 - 40.5 cm , Child 17 - 18 in / 43 - 46 cm , Teen 19 - 20 in / 48.5 - 51 cm , Ladies M - Men's M 21 - 22 in / 53.5 - 56 cm , Ladies L - Men's L 23 - 24 in / 58.5 - 61 cm , Men's L 25 - 26 in / 63.5 - 66 cm
- Suitable for Beginners if you know basic crochet terms and know how to work in the round.
A crochet pattern for a Riding Hat, Gaucho or Boater Hat. Sizes include Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Ladies, Ladies Large, Men's, Men's Large. The Boater Hat is shorter with a short brim, the Riding Hat, Gaucho has a longer body and a larger brim. Both are included in the pattern. This type of hat never goes out of style. It has been around for ages because it looks so good and is functional as well.
Make it in a light color for the Boater, the traditional black for the Riding Hat. Turn up the sides of the brim for the Gaucho Hat.
There is a special technique to keep the crown flat which is very easy, just a little more work than usual. All fully explained. The brim is also required to be flat and there are instructions to help with this in case of yarn differences.
Medium Worsted Weight in Cotton or a woolly yarn is required [ Aran Weight for Britain, 10 Ply for Australia ]. Crochet Hook: 4 mm [ USA G/6, Britain 8 ].
An Original Meadowvale Studio Design.