Sea lions are such cute and playful creatures, how could anyone not find them delightful? After visiting a zoo and saw the playful seal lions barking, jumping and waving for fish I found inspiration for this fun tea cosy.
The sea lion tea cosy is knitted in just two colours; black and graphite. The sea lion is leaning up on his front flippers. His little ears and big whiskers make him look very cute.
He's easy to knit, but you will need to knit from a knitting chart and be able to change colours, but he does knit up quickly.
The knitting pattern is currently undergoing pattern checking, but will be available to buy from Monday 14th March 2016. To pre-order the pattern simply buy in the usual way and the pattern will be dispatched as soon as it's launched.
Beautiful and unusual sea lion tea cosy to insulate your teapot.
- This Tea Cosy fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- What you will need to make the pattern
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 50g Black Double knitting wool,
- 25g Graphite double knitting wool,
- A pair of 18mm black safety eyes
- Small amount of PVA glue
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.