One man and his dog... and his two sheep; are featured on the sheep farmer tea cosy. A picture of the British countryside and British sheep farming.
The Farmer him self has a removable hat with a feather in it, and he's wearing brown trousers and a dark green sweater, earthy colours that reflect his working environment.
The Farmer has the traditional border collie sitting patiently by his side ready to obey his masters commands to round up the sheep, even that sheep that is straying behind the farmer - we don't want anyone left behind!
The Sheep farmer tea cosy is knitted with double thickness wool (straight from the sheep!) for extra warmth. The Knitting pattern is easy to follow and uses only the basic stitches and shaping stitches.
We'ill round up the sheep and then round up a cup of tea and chocolate biscuits.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 30g Brown double knitting wool
- 30g Dark green double knitting wool
- 20g Flesh double knitting wool
- 20g Dark Brown double knitting wool
- 20g Sirdar Snowflake DK Milky
- 10g Black double knitting wool
- 10g Tan double knitting wool
- Small amount of light green, yellow double knitting wool,
- Small amounts of Stylecraft Eskimo double knitting wool in white and black
- 7x 6mm black beads
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.