The Snowy Owl tea cosy is perfect for any owl lover. He's a lovely plush tea cosy thanks to the Sirdar Snowflake yarn. His eyes hides behind a mask of fluffy feathers and he looks as if he's not had enough sleep. And if he's on the breakfast shift he's probably not had enough sleep.
The Snowy Owl tea cosy would make a lovely Christmas tea cosy if you wanted a change from the usual festive style tea cosies. The black fleck of the feathers is achieved by knitting from a chart and bringing in black wool.
Owl have another cup of tea
- This Tea Cosy fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- What you will need to make the pattern
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 50g white double knitting wool
- 20g Sirdar Snowflake DK Milky wool
- 20g black double knitting wool
- Small amount of white Eskimo double knitting wool,
- And Stuffing
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.