- Illustrated knitting pattern
- US Imperial measurements / Metric measurements
- Fully written instructions
- Worksheet for additional sizes
- Sizes 6.5, 8, 9, 10 inches (16.5, 20.25, 22.75, 25.5 cm)
This pattern is for a basic toe-up sock with a gusset and reinforced heel flap, suitable for both men and women. There is a choice of style of heel flap – standard Heel Stitch or Eye of Partridge. Although there are detailed instructions given for four sizes, there is also a section that explains how to use this as a starting point for a smaller or larger sock. Along the way, as well as instructions there will be explanations – why you’re doing something rather than just telling you what to do.
Sizes - measured around mid foot
- Small – 6.5”/16.5cm unstretched, 8”/20.25cm stretched
- Medium – 8”/20.25cm unstretched, 10”/25.5cm stretched
- Large – 9”/22.75cm unstretched, 11”/28cm stretched
- Extra Large - 10”/25.5cm unstretched, 12”/30.5cm stretched
Because the pattern provides the formulae for you to make your own calculations in addition to the four sizes detailed, you will also be able to use it for socks using different weight yarns or a different knitting gauge.
Gauge - 8 sts x 11 rows = 1 inch/ 2.5cm, stocking stitch in the round