A modern, slouchy beret with a bias body and generous shape. This design echoes the styles seen on the High Street.
Pattern is worked bottom up and in the round.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on
Gauge: 14 sts x 20 rows to 4in/10cm on 6mm needles over St.St. 14 sts x 24 rows to 4in/10cm on 5.5mm needles over 1x1 Rib, lightly stretched
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 18 (21, 23) in/45.75 (53.5, 58.5) cm (Finished size 14.75 (17.25, 19.75) in/37 (43, 49.25) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable cast-on & Knitting in the round
Materials you need at home:
- 83 (103, 125) yd/76 (94, 114) m bulky weight, single ply yarn (Sample shown in Rowan Cocoon (126yd/115m per 100g; 80% Merino, 20% Kid Mohair))
- 22yd/20m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St. * Set 5.5mm/UK5/US9 & 6mm/UK4/US10 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.