This little Baby Penguin is knitted in a fluffy fleecy yarn to make an extra cuddly toy. These could also make cute Christmas decorations. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the penguin is knitted in DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the penguin plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of 4mm straight knitting needles (US 6)
- A pair of 3.5mm straight knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight) in black and white
- A fluffy boucle DK yarn in grey
- Beads for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.