Introducing my Bertie Rooster knitting pattern, with a little chick and egg. Bertie is 28 cm tall, the chick is 5 cm tall, and the egg 7 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The pattern incorporates Fair-Isle (stranded) colour-work. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. Bertie’s legs are strengthened with wire so that he can stand, but you can omit this and have floppy legs if you prefer.
- Instructions for making the rooster, chick and egg.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.