- The pattern includes row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- Instructions for making the rooster, chick and egg and photos
- A list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
BERTIE ROOSTER TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Bertie Rooster is a proud father, with his little chick Jeeves and an egg to look after. This knitting pattern includes the instructions to knit Bertie and his family.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. The pattern incorporates Fair-Isle (or stranded) colour-work to make the rooster and egg. Bertie’s legs are strengthened with wire so that he can stand up, but you can make your rooster with floppy legs if you prefer.
FINISHED SIZE: The finished rooster is approximately 28cm high (standing), the chick 5cm high, and the egg 7cm high.