Cheer up your office space with a fun knitted Cactus Cushion and Pen Pot. Recycle empty jam jars to make the pot, and you could also use it as storage for your hooks and needles. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the cushion and pen pot are knitted in acrylic chunky yarns in the round in seed stitch. The cushion flower is a pompom made from i-cord worked on two DPNs. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the cushion and pen pot.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A 5.5 mm (US 9) circular needle, minimum length 100 cm for Magic Loop
- Chunky weight yarns
- Toy filling
- A jam jar to make the pen pot
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.