Introducing my Christmas Tree Egg Cosy knitting pattern. This is a great project for beginner knitters to try as you just need to know two stitches (knit and a k2tog decrease), and the cosy is knitted flat on straight needles (not in the round). My tree is decorated with little ready-made pompoms, but you could also sew on buttons, beads or sequins instead. The cosy is 9.5 cm tall and 8 cm wide.
- Instructions for making the cosy.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight)
- Darning needle
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.