Introducing my Courgette knitting pattern. Courgettes are a summer squash, also known as zucchini. Botanically they are a fruit, but in cooking and nutrition they are treated as a vegetable. Knitted veggies are super toys to encourage little ones to eat veg and greens, or you can use them as decorative items in your home. My veggies are worked flat, but most pieces could easily be converted to knitting in the round if that is your preference. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew a seam.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Instructions to make the courgette.
- Measurements are metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 2.75mm knitting needles (US 2)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- A few handfuls of toy filling
- Toy safety eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.