Introducing my Farmer Drabble and Skip the sheep knitting pattern. The farmer is 14 cm tall the sheep is 7 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The crook (the shepherd’s staff) is i-cord knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). The sheep pattern incorporates knitted bobbles for feet and instructions are included. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the farmer and sheep plus photos
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.57mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.75mm double pointed needles (US 5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- A chenille stem or pipe cleaner to make the crook
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.