Meet Fiona the Flamingo! She’s ready to show off all her dancing moves in her fancy tutu. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the flamingo is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). Fiona is knitted in stockinette stitch, with a sprinkling of shaping here and there. The lacy tutu is made by tying lengths of pink tulle fabric around a strip of ribbon (so no sewing is required for the tutu). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the flamingo and tutu.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5 mm (US 4) single-pointed knitting needles
- DK weight yarns
- Toy filling
- Toy safety eyes
- Tulle fabric and ribbon for the tutu
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.