Introducing my Fireman Fred knitting pattern, with his axe and hosepipe. The doll is 19.5 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The hosepipe and axe handle are i-cord tubes knitted on two DPNs. This pattern incorporates a three-needle join and instructions with photos are included. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Knitting pattern with photos.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- Three straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.