- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the penguin and lifesaver with photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
HOPKINS THE PENGUIN TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Hopkins the Penguin is learning to swim today, so he has a little lifesaver to keep him safe in the water.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, sew seams, and change colour at the end of a row. The pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work to make the penguin, and short rows to make the lifesaver (instructions on short rows are also included).
FINISHED SIZE: The penguin is approximately 11cm tall.