Larry the Lobster has giant claws to wave hello! Worked in a combination of knits and purls, with simple increases and decreases for shaping. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the lobster is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The feelers and skinny legs are i-cord tubes worked on two DPNs. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the lobster and 8 photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs to make the i-cord pieces (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.