Larry the Lobster has giant claws to wave hello! If you knit your lobster in machine washable yarn the kids can also play with him at bath-time. The body of the lobster is approximately 22 cm long (not including the claws). Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The little legs and feelers which are i-cord pieces knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the lobster and 8 photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs to make the i-cord pieces (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.