Introducing my Leek knitting pattern. The leek is also the national symbol of Wales; so you could knit one to celebrate St David’s Day on 1 March. Knitted veggies are super toys to encourage little ones to eat veg and greens, or you can use them as decorative items in your home. My veggies are worked flat, but most pieces could easily be converted to knitting in the round if that is your preference. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, sew a seam, and pick up stitches to make the outer leaves.
- Instructions for making the leek.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Metric measurements are used.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 2.75mm knitting needles (US 2)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- A few handfuls of toy filling
- Toy safety eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.