Introducing my Bedtime Buddy monkey hot water bottle cover knitting pattern. The pattern is to fit a 2 litre hot water bottle, for which the standard measurements are 20 cm wide x 28 cm tall excluding the neck and stopper. The face pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The cover is knitted in the round; I used magic loop with Judy’s magic cast on. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions to make the hot water bottle cover.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- DK acrylic yarn (light worsted weight)
- A handful of toy filling
- Buttons for eyes
- A 4mm (US 6) circular needle or set of DPNs
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.