Cheer up your sofa with a knitted penguin cushion to cuddle. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the penguin is knitted in aran weight alpaca/wool blend yarns, and worked flat on single pointed needles (not in the round). This pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work to knit the tummy panel. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the cushion and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- One size only - not including the feet, 25cm tall x 26cm wide.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4.5mm knitting needles (US 7)
- Aran yarn (worsted weight)
- Buttons and white felt fabric for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.