This crab should have put on some sunscreen ... they’ve turned a bit pink! Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the crab is knitted on single pointed needles (not in the round) in pink aran and white DK wool blend yarns. The pattern uses increases and decreases for shaping. The frill around the bottom of the crab’s body is made by knitting a tuck fold by picking up stitches from a row below, and instructions on how to do this with photos are included. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the crab including photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Aran and double knit yarns (worsted and light worsted weight)
- Beads for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.