Introducing my Pinky the Crab knitting pattern. Pinky is 8 cm high and 26 cm wide when lying flat with claws outstretched. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will need to pick up stitches to knit the frill on the shell edging, and instructions with photos are included in the pattern. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the crab including photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Aran and double knit yarns (worsted and light worsted weight)
- Beads for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.