- the pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the mallard with 6 photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
PUDDLES THE MALLARD TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
At what time does a duck wake up? At the “quack” of dawn!
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. The head and body are knitted in one piece, and the wings, feet and beak are knitted separately and sewn in place. The pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work to make the tummy, and knitted bobbles for the toes. Instructions on how to knit a bobble are included in the pattern.
FINISHED SIZE: The mallard is approximately 20cm tall (when standing).