Introducing my Santa Claus doll knitting pattern. I used a fluffy eyelash yarn to make his beard, and his hooded jacket is removable. Santa is 28 cm tall including the hat. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The jacket pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work and kitchener stitch grafting. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making Santa plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Eyelash yarn (DK weight) for the beard
- Beads for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.