Introducing my Spencer the Tortoise knitting pattern. Spencer is 10 cm wide x 14 cm long x 8 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The shell trim is i-cord knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). This pattern incorporates knitted bobbles and instructions are included. A three needle bind off is used. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Toy knitting pattern with photos.
- Measurements are in metric.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
Materials you need at home:
- Straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.