Sun Dance wall hanging. 43 inches in diameter. Raw edge applique and strip piecing. You sew cream and brown strips together, add fusible to the back, then cut out the shapes with a plastic template. Everything is fused to the background.
- Quilt pattern
- PDF Download, not a paper pattern
- Illustrated step by step instructions
- zip file contains pattern and directions
- 43 inches in diameter
- raw edge applique
- pattern measured in inches
- Prints on US letter or A4 size paper, 8 1/2 x 11 inches
- Intermediate quilter
- Round hoop hanger inserted into bias binding, www.gonesleeveless.com
Materials you need at home:
- 2 yards sky blue for background.
- Assortment of cream and tan batiks fat quarters for feathers and spines.
- Assortment of brown batiks fat quarters for bottom of feathers.
- 1/2 yard dark brown for tribal swirls
- Colorful batik scraps for center star.
- 3 yards fusible web Pellon 805 Wonder Under Light
- 505 Temporary Spray Adhesive
- Applique sheet or parchment paper
- Template plastic
- Sharpie pen
JoAnn Hoffman Designs. I am a quilt pattern designer that specializes in unique applique patterns. I live in the black hills of South Dakota. I sell wholesale to Checker, United Notions, Brewer, Erie Quilt Art in Canada and Victorian Textiles in Australia. I have been featured in Keepsake, Missouri Star, Hoffman Fabrics, Hancocks of Paducah and Nancy's Notions catalogs. My website is www.compuquilterdesigns.com.