My chubby little “Surf’s Up” camper van is sure to delight retro fans and surfers. The van is 11.5 cm tall and 13 cm long. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. There is no tricky colour-work to master here, if you can change colour at the end of a row to knit stripes then you can make a camper. The camper van pieces are knitted in stockinette stitch and sewn together. The white window struts are added using duplicate stitch embroidery. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the camper van and surfboard and photos
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons for headlights and hubcaps
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.